The following are some terms our makers may use in their listings. Each maker is an independent small business, and each person may word things a little differently, but we thought it might help to give you some commonly used terms to help you understand the handmade culture and community.
Some helpful information:
- What is a ready to ship (“RTS”) item? An item which has already been created. It is already made, and it is ready to ship out. Some buyers may ship these items immediately, or take a couple days to send them out to you, depending on the seller/maker and their shipping policies/timeframes outlined in the listing and/or their shop.
- What is a custom item? An item which will be created specifically for you after purchase. This item will be made for you from scratch. The seller/maker may need specific information from you to create this item , such as size, color, your measurements, the fabric or material choice, etc. There will be a longer time frame on these types of purchases compared to a RTS (ready to ship) item. Each maker/seller will outline the usual time frame for production/turnaround time.
- GS: Shortened/nick name of “Gypsy SpoonfulWhat is an OOAK item? An item which is one of a kind (“OOAK”). This item will not be recreated. You will have the one and only item like it, if you choose to purchase it. What is a Made to Order Item? A made to order item is a stock inventory item that is made as they are purchased. The items are made the same way, and look the same, as the original..with minor fluctuations in materials/artistry that goes hand in hand with handmade products.
- What is a RTW item? RTW means Ready To Wear. Size is specified in the description. It is ready to go!
- What is an OTT item?: This means an item which is considered “Over the Top”, in the BEST way possible. It’s larger than life, and AMAZING!
- Gypsyhood: The realm of everything that is Gypsy Spoonful
- Spoon: the way to ADORE your favorite items in the Gypsyhood.
- Spoonage: The collection of items you’ve liked (aka “Spooned”) across the Gypsyhood
- Spoon Collection: The list of the items you have spooned
Isn’t Gypsy Speak FUN?!