If you’d like to apply to join our team of makers, we ask that you become familiar with the principles Gypsy Spoonful was founded upon. Then once you are aware of all of the really cool things we believe about small business, and even better… HANDMADE American Small Business, and you agree with what we’re about, please feel free to apply to become one of our independent makers. We’re not going to lie, we don’t accept everyone. We rigorously screen all of our makers for professionalism, quality of products and trustworthiness. We want everyone to truly know what they are committing to when they band together with us: When Visitors Browse Gypsy Spoonful, this is the awesomeness in store…
What we believe & How We do Things
- Our marketplace is a world dedicated exclusively to amazing handmade goodness.
- We have nothing created in factories, mass-produced or imported. All of our items are made by hand, and in small quantity.
- We believe everyone can find something they love and can not find anywhere else on earth.
- We Invite our awesome customers to find their new favorite makers and visit their independently owned online shops within “the gypsyhood”.
- We want to offer as much diversity in products as we can. For our customers, we have more independent small business owners under one virtual roof for their convenience and shopping pleasure.
- We are a completely curated site, we vet our sellers for their trustworthiness, professionalism and customer service ethics.
- Our talented makers are invested in their creations and their commitment to quality and workmanship is evident in every item.
- For those who shop, no matter what they’re passionate about, shopping small, supporting handmade artisans, or shopping local~we’ve got you covered.
- Customers can buy safely! Purchase protection is built right into every transaction you make.
- Checkout Securely! We use a secure payment gateway which never shares your personal information with us so you are guaranteed privacy and security.
We have gone a step further to ensure your privacy and security, we’ve invested in an SSL certificate which encrypts all data passing between browsers and our servers.
- Customers get their purchases reliably, we use the United States Postal Service for shipping and our makers include tracking for each shipment. Emails are sent out at every crucial point of the transaction.
We ARE Creativity in Community and we can’t wait to get to know YOU better. We aren’t just a shopping venue, we are a community~ building relationships between makers and admirers. We believe in the foundational principle that each of us can make a difference in the life of another person/family by being intentional with our shopping dollars.
About the Application Process:
Please complete the preliminary application below, if we think you’d possibly make a good fit, we may ask further questions via email after we receive your application.
All applications are personally reviewed by our administration team.
Here’s a little information about why this site was born: (please take a minute or two to read)
- We believe in handmade wholeheartedly. We believe in Entrepreneurship, we believe in goals and dreams, and given enough work, most dreams are completely attainable. We believe in creating our own path and blazing a trail.
We believe the quality of a handmade product without a doubt, top the quality of a mass produced item. Our marketplace is dedicated exclusively to handmade products. It is our conviction that independent makers take incredible pride in a product they create with their own two hands. We do not allow supplied or any pre-purchased items to be sold on this site. We do not allow any resellers on Gypsy Spoonful either.
- We encourage, support and mentor each other in business.
- We teach, learn and grow in community through social media boot camps, marketing tips and discussions in our discussion group- You can find a mentor and find the support you need to be a busy entrepreneur trying to conquer the world one day at a time.
Important Points to Understand :
- Please review our fees located HERE.
- As an introductory offer: Our makers WERE providing Free Basic shipping to the United States. However, This is not permanent and will be phased out in the next couple of weeks (updated 8/9/2017)! Our tech team has begun the project of customizing our shipping system and it will take a couple of weeks to transition out the free shipping. Customers can upgrade and pay for priority shipping if they wish, and international customers pay actual shipping for their orders as well.
Need more information? Have further questions before you JOIN?
You may reach our head honcho via EMAIL
Or learn more about us & how we do things in our Facebook Group
We look forward to hearing from you!