- If you’d like to apply to join our team of makers, we ask that you become familiar with the principles Gypsy Spoonful was founded upon. Then once you are aware of all of the really cool things we believe about small business, and even better… HANDMADE American Small Business, and you agree with what we’re about, please feel free to apply to become one of our independent makers.
- We’re not going to lie, we don’t accept everyone. We rigorously screen all of our makers for professionalism, quality of products and trustworthiness. We want everyone to truly know what they are committing to when they band together with us
What we believe & How We Do Things
- Our marketplace is a world dedicated exclusively to amazing handmade goodness.
- We have nothing created in factories, mass-produced or imported. All of our items are made by hand, and in small quantity.
- We believe everyone can find something they love and can not find anywhere else on earth.
- We Invite our awesome customers to find their new favorite makers and visit their independently owned online shops within “the gypsyhood”.
- We want to offer as much diversity in products as we can. For our customers, we have more independent small business owners under one virtual roof for their convenience and shopping pleasure.
- We are a completely curated site, we vet our sellers for their trustworthiness, professionalism and customer service ethics.
- Our talented makers are invested in their creations and their commitment to quality and workmanship is evident in every item.
- For those who shop, no matter what they’re passionate about, shopping small, supporting handmade artisans, or shopping local~we’ve got you covered.
- Customers can buy safely! Purchase protection is built right into every transaction you make.
- Checkout Securely! We use a secure payment gateway which never shares your personal information with us so you are guaranteed privacy and security.
We have gone a step further to ensure your privacy and security, we’ve invested in an SSL certificate which encrypts all data passing between browsers and our servers.
- Customers get their purchases reliably, we use the United States Postal Service for shipping and our makers include tracking for each shipment. Emails are sent out at every crucial point of the transaction.
- We ARE Creativity in Community; We aren’t just a shopping venue, we are a community~ building relationships between makers and admirers and each other! We believe in the foundational principle that each of us can make a difference in the life of another person/family by being intentional with our shopping dollars.
- We don’t compete with each other, instead, we support, build-up, and embrace each other in a spirit of unity and teamwork.
- We all help to promote each other’s shops and products. This is not optional. When you join Gypsy Spoonful, you’re not just opening a shop, you’re joining a community. We are as strong as our weakest member, and we all rely on each other to promote, share, support and encourage each other.
- We all commit to being team-oriented and cheering each other on, not only in business but in life!
- We share our experiences to help guide each other in managing, promoting, and driving each of our businesses forward. Some of us are very experienced and some are just beginning their small business journey. The more experienced members, come alongside the novice members to serve as mentors.
- We understand that many of our members sell their products on several platforms and venues, and that’s GREAT~we actually encourage that! ( but we do expect equal participation from all members)
- We encourage, support and mentor each other in business.
- We teach, learn and grow in community through social media boot camps, marketing tips and discussions in our discussion group- You can find a mentor and find the support you need to be a busy entrepreneur trying to conquer the world one day at a time.
- We believe in handmade wholeheartedly. We believe in Entrepreneurship, we believe in goals and dreams, and given enough work, most dreams are completely attainable. We believe in creating our own path and blazing a trail.
We believe the quality of a handmade product without a doubt, tops the quality of a mass produced item. Our marketplace is dedicated exclusively to handmade products. It is our conviction that independent makers take incredible pride in a product they create with their own two hands. We do not allow supplied or any pre-purchased items to be sold on this site. We do not allow any re-sellers on Gypsy Spoonful. Our members do not sell supplies or destash their supplies on the site–unless they are handmade supplies such as pom poms, yo-yos, patterns or embroidery files and similar things that they , themselves have created.
We are a growing site so it’s important for each member to understand they need to help with driving traffic to the site. We’ve been getting sales and great traffic since the first week
About the Application Process:
Please complete the preliminary application below, if we think you’d possibly make a good fit, we may ask further questions via email after we receive your application.
All applications are personally reviewed by our administration team.
- Here’s a little information about why this site was born: (please take a minute or two to read)
- Important Points to Understand :
- Please review our fees located HERE.
- Our makers include Basic US shipping costs within each listing’s price. We have found the #1 reason people abandon shopping carts and leave orders without checking out is unexpected or inflated shipping costs. This method of including shipping costs has worked out well for our members, and we do encourage you to explain inside your listings as to the product and shipping cost, and those two costs combined equal the total product cost. (Product Price + shipping cost = Listing Price) You can also have customers contact you if they’d like to make multiple purchases and you can combine shipping costs for them)
- Customers can upgrade and pay for priority shipping if they wish
If you’re accepted as a member:
- Need more information? Have further questions before you JOIN?
- You may reach our head honcho via EMAIL
- Or learn more about us and how we do things in our Facebook Group
- We look forward to hearing from you!
If you’re mobile, and can not see the form below (yes, there is a form below.. lol) please fill out the application when you’re on a laptop or desktop computer please: