Fees for Selling On Gypsy Spoonful
We lay out everything in a very transparent way here at Gypsy Spoonful. What you see is what you get. There are no hidden fees. We have no secrets, no confusion, and everything is outlined publicly, for everyone to see:
- Listing Fees: NONE
- Membership Fees: NONE
- Monthly Shop Fee: NONE *
- Sitewide all members agree to give free basic shipping for US orders, You may increase your product prices to cover your shipping costs, if you wish. Customers can upgrade to priority shipping if they wish (at their cost).
- At this time, We are set up to ship to the US only at this time. We do have notices for international buyers and encourage them to contact a shop owner directly if they would like to purchase something. If the shop owner agrees to ship to them, they must arrange shipping by themselves to the international customers.
- You may list as many items in your shop as you wish, there are no limits, at anytime.
- Listings run FOREVER, Until you close your shop
- One time shop set up fee of $10 (non-refundable) will be invoiced to new members upon approval of their membership application.
- We ask for a back up funding source: specifically a credit card in case there are ever any problems. Your card will never be charged (unless you skip town and join the circus and leave us holding the bag for your shop). The information is stored securely, off site with no possibility of anyone’s eyes ever seeing the information. It’s our “insurance policy” to be sure orders are fulfilled for our awesome customers.
If your item doesn’t sell, you don’t pay ANYTHING
When you apply for membership, depending on your level of online selling expertise, and presentation (photo quality etc) we will assign you a level of membership at the onset; either our Standard Membership, OR our Auxilary Membership. The goal with the Auxilary membership is to coach/mentor you and teach you how to improve your skills to bump you up to the Standard membership after a period of time.
When you sell an item:
- Gypsy Spoonful collects a minimal commission. What you pay in this commission covers all fees with the exception of the withdrawal fee.
- Standard Membership Level: The commission fee is 3.5% plus Paypal fees (Paypal fees are 2.9% + $.30 on every transaction in the US and Canada).
- Auxilary Membership Level: The commission fee is a simple 5% plus Paypal fees (Paypal fees are 2.9% + $.30 on every transaction in the US and Canada).
- The remaining monies from your sales are stored in your account and you may withdraw them at any time. There is a fee of 2% of the amount you withdraw. (Please note, we use an automated payment system called “masspay” and they charge us a 2% fee to withdraw the monies, we don’t keep this money, it is automatically deducted by masspay, we’re just passing along this fee to the shopowner).
The ONLY fees Gypsy Spoonful keeps are the commission amount on sales.
Note: Any coupon discounts you set up and choose to offer through your store are calculated AFTER the coupon’s discount, before commission is calculated
These fees are subject to change, but will not be changed without a 30 day notice. If paypal or masspay fees ever go up, changes will be noted and we will do our best to notify everyone ahead of time.
(last updated 4-26-2017 )HK
Want to get to see our community in action? Visit our Facebook Group
Interested in applying to be a seller on Gypsy Spoonful? Please fill out an application HERE