PDF PATTERN Crochet Tie a Yellow Ribbon Sun Hat, Beach Hat, Summer Wear by SweetThingCrochet
** INTRO PRICING NOW THROUGH FRIDAY **
The Tie a Yellow Ribbon Sun Hat is the perfect accessory for the beach, pool, or town! This crochet pattern calls for a cotton or cotton blend yarn to create a lightweight, comfortable fabric that stretches for a snug fit. Other features include:
- Customization options – beyond choosing your colors, you can also choose to omit the bow attachment for a banded look (you can even pin the bow on so you can choose how you want to look each day!).
- Stiff brim – the brim is made with the waistcoat stitch (if you can single crochet, you can waistcoat!), which creates a stiff fabric that won’t flop in your face. It also blocks the sunlight particularly well. I have migraines and have to limit sun exposure to my face, and I can sit on the beach all morning with this hat!
- Easy stitches – this hat is made entirely of single crochet, half double crochet, and waistcoat stitch (which is a modified version of single crochet).
- Tested – Both sizes have been tested to catch any errors or lack of clarity. Plus, if you encounter any problems, I am happy to assist by email.
Sizes: This PDF pattern contains instructions for two sizes: Women’s Small (21-21.75″ head circumference) and Women’s Medium/Large (22-23″ head circumference).
Level: This pattern is appropriate for an advanced beginner (see list of Skills/Stitches below).
- Worsted weight cotton yarn:
- (220, 300) yds main color
- (45, 60) yds contrasting color
- G/4.25mm hook
- Tape measure
- Yarn needle
- Working in the round
- Single crochet
- Half double crochet
- Waistcoat stitch (modified version of sc; tutorial linked in pattern)
- Slip stitch
Please make sure to read the restrictions on sharing – this pattern is my intellectual property and may not be sold or shared. You are of course welcome to share or sell any products you make from the pattern, just not the pattern itself.
PDF crochet pattern for the Tie a Yellow Ribbon Sun Hat (NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT).
Visit my shop to see more crochet patterns and gifts! www.gypsyspoonful.com/market/vendor/sweetthingcrochet
I create crochet goods for everyone - especially babies and kids! I focus on using quality materials and meticulous attention to detail, so every item reflects the love and care that went into it. My store is full of lovely gifts (for a loved one or yourself)!
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
Questions and Answers
You are not logged in