The process of how your items are made
What workspace, tools, and equipment you use
And, if you have/hire a helper that helps make any of your items
Be prepared to also tell us:
- How you have grown and developed your business
- What kind of expertise you bring to your business
- How you developed the original concept behind your designs
- Your pre-production design process
- The stages of your design and prototype process
- Who is involved in the making of your items and the running of your Gypsy Spoonful shop and what their roles are
- How you communicate and collaborate with the people who help you run your shop
- Responsibility also means researching and following local laws. See our Prohibited Items Policyfor more information.
If there is any question about whether or not your items are acceptable, please email our admin team: GypsySpoonful@Gmail.com
“Transparency” means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items, and your business. The Gypsy Spoonful marketplace is built on trust, and buyers come to Gypsy Spoonful to connect with you and your shop. To demonstrate transparency, you must:
- Use your own photographs (not stock photos) and words to describe your items.
- Photos should be examples of actual items you have made.
- Complete your Shop Description telling the story of your business, including the names and roles of people who help in your shop to aid in making your items or running your business.
Please rest assured that if we correspond with you about our handmade principles, information shared in private correspondence with any of our admin team members, will remain confidential among our administrators.
For makers who are approved to work with helpers, only what you have posted in the public manufacturer section will be displayed on your About This Maker area.
We take the integrity of our marketplace very seriously, and from time to time we may contact you to confirm that your shop complies with our handmade principles.
Remember: Our marketplace is built on trust. Providing false, inaccurate, or misleading information in your application may lead to the suspension of your account privileges. We reserve the right to reject partnerships that aren’t in the letter or spirit of Gypsy Spoonful’s policies.