Everything listed on our entire website must be made or designed by you, the seller. You may hire employees to help run your business or outside help to assist in making your designs. If you hire employees, you must disclose each of their roles in your business. If you are using any outside help, you must be approved through our Gypsy Spoonful administrative review process. Be prepared to provide proof of how your items are made and who is making them. You may not resell items you did not make or design in on Gypsy Spoonful
This policy is a part of our
“Authorship” means that the creation of your items begins with you. We understand that authorship spans a wide range of creative expression. Keep in mind that people come to Gypsy Spoonful for unique items that they cannot find anywhere else. What makes your items unique is your personal human touch in their design and creation. In short, you must be designing and making your items. Reselling is not allowed on Gypsy Spoonful To demonstrate authorship, be prepared to tell us:
The process of how your items are made
What workspace, tools, and equipment you use
And, if you have/hire a helper that helps make any of your items
(these items can only be listed after approval; please apply here via email: [email protected]
Be prepared to also tell us:
- How you have grown and developed your business
- What kind of expertise you bring to your business
- How you developed the original concept behind your designs
- Your pre-production design process
- The stages of your design and prototype process
“Responsibility” means that you, the seller, are invested and knowledgeable about the production of your items. Whether working with in-house helpers (that should be added to your Shop description, under your banner), this includes taking the necessary steps to ensure that others you work with understand and are able to realize your vision, design, and level of quality.
To demonstrate responsibility, be prepared to tell us:
- Who is involved in the making of your items and the running of your Gypsy Spoonful shop and what their roles are
- How you communicate and collaborate with the people who help you run your shop
- Responsibility also means researching and following local laws. See our Prohibited Items Policyfor more information.
If there is any question about whether or not your items are acceptable, please email our admin team: [email protected]
“Transparency” means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items, and your business. The Gypsy Spoonful marketplace is built on trust, and buyers come to Gypsy Spoonful to connect with you and your shop. To demonstrate transparency, you must:
- Use your own photographs (not stock photos) and words to describe your items.
- Photos should be examples of actual items you have made.
- Complete your Shop Description telling the story of your business, including the names and roles of people who help in your shop to aid in making your items or running your business.
Please rest assured that if we correspond with you about our handmade principles, information shared in private correspondence with any of our admin team members, will remain confidential among our administrators.
For makers who are approved to work with helpers, only what you have posted in the public manufacturer section will be displayed on your About This Maker area.
We take the integrity of our marketplace very seriously, and from time to time we may contact you to confirm that your shop complies with our handmade principles.
Remember: Our marketplace is built on trust. Providing false, inaccurate, or misleading information in your application may lead to the suspension of your account privileges. We reserve the right to reject partnerships that aren’t in the letter or spirit of Gypsy Spoonful’s policies.