Gypsy Spoonful is a site dedicated exclusively to handmade products.
You will find nothing mass produced or imported in our maker’s shops. They may source supplies and materials from various places, but their finished products are made with their own two hands.
The quality of a handmade item can not be surpassed when comparing mass produced products to them. The love, sweat and workmanship that goes into each and every item offered on the Gypsy Spoonful site is incredible.
The dedication our maker’s have to each of their crafts is what sets us apart.
You will find totally unique items in the shops located at Gypsy Spoonful that you will not find in the mall, big box stores or chain stores. Each items is designed with forethought, attention to detail and is almost as if a piece of that maker’s soul goes into it. We love buyers!
Here are some guidelines to help you enjoy your Gypsy Spoonful experience to the fullest:
Your obligations as a buyer of a wonderful handmade item on Gypsy Spoonful~
1. Please be aware that every transaction is a direct relationship established between you and the seller/maker. Gypsy Spoonful is providing the venue for the transaction, only. We are not responsible for any transactions, dealings or details associated with your sellers/maker.
2. You are obligated to follow through on your purchase. You are not allowed to cancel transactions, unless mutually agreed upon between you and the seller/maker.
3. The price stated is the price, we discourage any type of contact made to a seller/maker encouraging them to change a price on an item for you, or give you a discount for buying more than one of the item. If the seller/maker advertises they are giving discounts for multiple item purchases, then that is acceptable, however, don’t insult the seller/maker and undervalue their hardwork by asking for a discount.
4. Gypsy Spoonful does not allow any bartering or trading on our site.
5. Gypsy Spoonful does not offer dispute resolution. You may file a claim with paypal to iron out your differences with a specific seller/maker over a transaction gone bad.
6. Gypsy Spoonful is a curated site, We vet and choose our makers very carefully. We want to offer sellers/makers who are trustworthy, skilled and professional. If there is a problem with a transaction, or an issue with a specific seller/maker, we will not directly get involved, but we would like to know if you have a problem, so please email an admin at : GypsySpoonful@gmail.com . We have a zero tolerance policy on sellers/makers not following through with transactions, or delivering less than quality products to our valued buyers.
7. As a buyer, you are responsible for providing accurate information upon checkout. Please be sure your shipping address is correct BEFORE you complete a transaction so that our sellers/makers have all of the information they need to get your wonderful handmade item safely to you.
8. It is your responsibility to READ the descriptions of each item before you purchase it, and understand what you will be receiving. Please make note of the seller/maker’s measurements, colors, sizing, style mentally before you go ahead and purchase the item. It is important to note the processing and shipping time outlined in each listing. Make note of the turnaround time, and whether or not the item is ready to ship (“RTS”) or a custom item that will required a longer time frame for production. If the item needs to be customized, please make note of the information requested by the seller/maker that you will need to provide for the sale. (Such as measurements, monogram, name, color choice, size choice etc) . If you have questions, it is your responsibility to ask those questions to the seller/maker before you make the purchase. (please see the Gypsy Spoonful tips page for a glossary of commonly used terms on our site, re: RTS , Custom, Customized items etc) .
The admin team at Gypsy Spoonful is serious about protecting our makers against fraud, chargebacks, unfounded negative reviews/feedback, as well as vindictive reviews/feedback. We will step up on behalf of our makers if challenged on the “First Sale Doctrine” .
Handmade on Gypsy Spoonful is a spectrum of makers and designers. Read more below about your obligations as a handmade seller.
1. Selling Handmade Items
Handmade on GypsySpoonful is very clear cut. We have makers — sellers who are literally making their items with their own hands (or tools), or might have help from a family member or one helper. You must be transparent about who is helping you and how your items are being made. Everything listed as handmade must be made and/or designed by you, the seller. Reselling is prohibited on Gypsy Spoonful. You may also have a shop assistant who helps you run your business, as long as you, the seller, are making your items.
A maker is a seller who is physically making the items listed for sale in their GS shop. A maker might design their items in addition to making them, or they might follow a pattern or template that they did not design. Regardless, makers must be creating their items with their own hands (or tools).
We may reach out to you at any time with a more detailed inquiry about your business. Please be prepared to provide additional details about the origins of your business, your role in the design process, your creative/production process, and your connection to your shop assistant.
We understand that you may wish to keep the details of your design and business practices confidential. Please be assured that GS will not use the private information you provide us for any purpose other than reviewing your business to determine that you are in compliance with our policies.
We reserve the right to reject any production partnerships that aren’t in the letter or spirit of this policy or our ethical expectations.
3. Being Transparent About Your Business
At GypsySpoonful, we value transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your products, and your business. As a handmade seller, you agree to:
- Disclose in your About section the names and roles of people who help make your items or run your business;
- Use your own words and photographs (not stock photos) to describe your items; and
- Respond to any inquiries from us in a timely manner. We may ask you how your items are made, what workspace, tools, and equipment you use; and how you communicate and collaborate with the people who help you run your shop.
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Any other characteristic protected under applicable law
It is your responsibility to know your local laws and any other legal regulations on discrimination that might apply to you.
Whether you’re listing items, using community spaces such as our social media groups/platforms, or sending emails to other members, discrimination is not allowed. Examples of prohibited behavior include, but are not limited to:
- Refusal of service based on membership in one or more protected group
- Derogatory or demeaning remarks against protected groups listed above
- Posts that support or glorify hate groups and their members
If you think discrimination has occurred on GS, please report it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate. If you see a listing on GS which you believe violates our Prohibited Items Policy, we encourage you to contact an admin.