If you’re accepted as a member:
What we believe & How We Do Things
- Our marketplace is a world dedicated exclusively to amazing handmade goodness.
- We have nothing created in factories, mass-produced or imported. All of our items are made by hand, and in small quantity.
- We believe everyone can find something they love and can not find anywhere else on earth.
- We Invite our awesome customers to find their new favorite makers and visit their independently owned online shops within “the gypsyhood”.
- We want to offer as much diversity in products as we can. For our customers, we have more independent small business owners under one virtual roof for their convenience and shopping pleasure.
- We are a completely curated site, we vet our sellers for their trustworthiness, professionalism and customer service ethics.
- Our talented makers are invested in their creations and their commitment to quality and workmanship is evident in every item.
- For those who shop, no matter what they’re passionate about, shopping small, supporting handmade artisans, or shopping local~we’ve got you covered.
- Customers can buy safely! Purchase protection is built right into every transaction you make.
- Checkout Securely! We use a secure payment gateway which never shares your personal information with us so you are guaranteed privacy and security.We have gone a step further to ensure your privacy and security, we’ve invested in an SSL certificate which encrypts all data passing between browsers and our servers. We will never ever share your personal information with anyone.
- Customers get their purchases reliably, we use the United States Postal Service for shipping and our makers include tracking for each shipment. Emails are sent out at every crucial point of the transaction.
- We ARE Creativity in Community; We aren’t just a shopping venue, we are a community~ building relationships between makers and admirers and each other! We believe in the foundational principle that each of us can make a difference in the life of another person/family by being intentional with our shopping dollars.
- We don’t compete with each other, instead, we support, build-up, and embrace each other in a spirit of unity and teamwork. “Community Before Competition” . The admin team puts “People before Profits”.
- We all help to promote each other’s shops and products. This is not optional. When you join Gypsy Spoonful, you’re not just opening a shop, you’re joining a community. We are as strong as our weakest member, and we all rely on each other to promote, share, support and encourage each other.
- We all commit to being team-oriented and cheering each other on, not only in business but in life! We reserve the right to remove anyone who brings a negative vibe to the team.
- We share our experiences to help guide each other in managing, promoting, and driving each of our businesses forward. Some of us are very experienced and some are just beginning their small shop journey. The more experienced members, come alongside the novice members to serve as mentors, and answer questions, and share their experience learned over years of being in business online.
- We understand that many of our members sell their products on several platforms and venues, and that’s GREAT~we actually encourage that! ( but we do expect equal participation from all members)
- We encourage, support and mentor each other in business.
- We teach, learn and grow in community through social media boot camps, marketing tips and discussions in our discussion group- You can find a mentor and find the support you need to be a busy entrepreneur trying to conquer the world one day at a time.
- We believe in handmade wholeheartedly. We believe in Entrepreneurship, we believe in goals and dreams, and given enough work, most dreams are completely attainable. We believe in creating our own path and blazing a trail.
- We believe the quality of a handmade product without a doubt, tops the quality of a mass produced item. Our marketplace is dedicated exclusively to handmade products. It is our conviction that independent makers take incredible pride in a product they create with their own two hands. We do not allow supplied or any pre-purchased items to be sold on this site. We do not allow any re-sellers on Gypsy Spoonful. Our members do not sell supplies or destash their supplies on the site–unless they are handmade supplies such as pom poms, yo-yos, patterns or embroidery files and similar things that they , themselves have created.
- We are a growing site so it’s important for each member to understand we all need to help driving traffic to the site.
We have a beginner Facebook member’s group so you can begin to learn how to create listings on the website, find your way around, etc.. It serves as a jumping off point/headquarters for our new members. Once we get you settled and get your shop all set up, ideally, we’d like you to be all set to go and begin listing and learning within 2 weeks of joining. We have found what works best is when new people jump right in and get started and being involved in the community of makers. After you learn to list on our format, we’ll move you into our bigger group where you’ll learn even more about growing your business through the platform of Gypsy Spoonful. Social media boot camps, product photography classes, and more.
New member expectations within the first 2 weeks of membership:
- You will be asked to submit info for a W9 form
- You will be asked to provide your back up funding source (credit card info)
- You will be asked to pay your advertising contribution (pro-rated based on the month you join, all members give their advertising contribution in Sept. so if you join in October it would be pro-rated , it’s $1/month, $12 total for the whole year) .
Need more information? Have further questions before you JOIN? Having a problem with the application, or want us to clarify something? Drop us an email & we’ll do what we can to help!
- We look forward to hearing from you!